SHOULD I CONSIDER DERMAL FILLERS
Dermal filler injections are an excellent option for patients who want to address signs of aging or enhance the volume of their lips. If you want to smooth away moderate or deep wrinkles without going under the knife, you may be the perfect candidate for minimally invasive filler treatments.
Areas Treated By Filler
HOVER OVER THE SEC
WHAT IS A DERMAL FILLER?
Dermal fillers are popular injectable products used for non-surgical cosmetic rejuvenation and enhancement. Each filler is designed to treat one or more skin aging symptoms, usually in the face.
They can smooth away moderate and harsh wrinkles, fill in hollow depres- sions, augment the lips, and more.
For patients who are seeing the early stages of age-related volume loss, a “liquid facelift” that combines injectable fillers with a neuromodulator like Botox can restore a more youthful appearance, possibly delaying the need for more invasive plastic surgery procedures like facial fat transfer.
That said, dermal fillers will not provide the same level of facial rejuvenation as a cosmetic surgery like a facelift. Results are far more subtle and temporary.
3 Steps to Better Looking Skin
If this is your first appointment or you are getting treatment in a new area, drawing a few small marks on the injection sites help to visualize the look.
We will inject FILLER into your treatment areas. The FILLER only takes a few minutes to be injected. You may experience some mild redness, bruising, or soreness at the injection sites.
A icepack will be provided to help with constrict blood vessels and slow the flow of blood to injection site. Reducing risk of bruising and swelling.
TYPES OF FILLER
There are many types of dermal fillers. In addition to “off-the-shelf” fillers that use synthetic (manmade materials) and substances that naturally occur in your body, healthcare providers can use fat from your own body.
Restylane is an FDA-approved dermal filler made primarily with hyaluronic acid. It can add
extra fullness and volume. It can also enhance the body’s hyaluronic production. This filler targets medium to severe-depth wrinkles at the dermal layer, specifically:
- Nasolabial folds or smile lines (the lines that form from the nose to the mouth)
- Marionette Lines (the lines that start from the mouth to the chin) and the corners of your mouth (small wrinkles that spread out when you smile or laugh)
- Restylane Lyft for your face and the back of the hands. With targeted filler injections, you can reduce the wrinkles on the back of the hands, giving a younger appearance.
- Restylane Kysse addresses wrinkles right around the lip (your perioral lines) and can give the lips themselves more
Juvéderm is designed to treat wrinkles in adults. Each solution has a gel material made with hyaluronic acid.
There are different types of Juvéderm injections intended for different areas of the face. Some are designed for the mouth area only (including the lips), while others add volume to cheeks.
- Results last for up to 12 months but is not permanent
- Juvederm Volbella addresses perioral lines (lines around the mouth), often called lipstick lines, vertical lip lines, or lip wrinkles
- Juvederm Voluma restores lost volume in the hollows of cheeks, which reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles around the nose and mouth.
Sculptra® is an injectable product that corrects the signs of aging by restoring lost volume in the face, resulting in a more youthful, natural-looking appearance with subtle, yet noticeable results.
Injected into the deep dermis layer of the skin, provides a gradual and significant increase in skin thickness, improving the entire facial appearance.
- Sculptra can create what we refer to as a “liquid facelift”, as the replacement of lost volume lifts
- Main component is an alpha hydroxy acid called poly- L-lactic acid, or PLLA. It is safe, synthetic (artificially created), biocompatible (can be used harmlessly in the body), biodegradable (able to be broken down in the body) and long-lasting.
- Several treatments are needed for best results, the effects are shown to last for up to two years after the first treatment.
Radiesse® is a synthetic injectable filler that has been FDA-approved to reduce moderate to severe wrinkles, folds and creases around the nose and mouth by augmenting the skin’s natural collagen structure. It is a safe, effective and long-lasting filler that is effective for adding volume and contour to the face for an overall younger, fuller, and smoother appearance.
- With just one or two Radiesse® treatments, you can enjoy a beautiful, natural look that lasts.
- Composed of calcium hydroxylapatite (CaHA) microspheres in a water-based gel. These microspheres, upon injection, stimulate the production of your own skin’s collagen to smooth lines and wrinkles and restore youthful fullness and contours to the face and body.
FDA approved Revanesse Versa for “injection into the mid-to-deep dermis for correction of moderate-to-severe facial wrinkles and folds, such as nasolabial folds.”
The Revanesse formula is trusted, with over 3 million syringes sold worldwide since 2012.
- Revanesse Versa is a hyaluronic acid-based filler. Hyaluronic acid is a substance your body naturally produces that scientists believe is a key component in slowing skin aging.
- Results for the nasolabial folds (laugh lines) for up to 12 months with optimal correction.
In The Media