The Thermage procedure is an advanced way of tightening skin that uses a unique form of radiofrequency energy to allow the physician to tighten loose or sagging skin, producing a kind of “lift” without an incision or recovery time. It is the first non-invasive method to tighten loose skin. With the gentle touch of the device tip, the surface of the skin is cooled, while the deeper tissue is altered by radiofrequency heating. This not only tightens deeper skin tissue, but jumpstarts new collagen production, which occurs over a period of time.
Benefits and Advantages of Thermage
- No recovery or patient downtime
- Results are visible after one to two treatments and continue to improve over time
- No scalpel surgery or incisions
- You may return to your normal activities immediately
- There is no special care needed after treatment
- In most patients, results appear gradually over 2-6 months, although some patients will see an earlier response. Published studies show that improvements continue for at least six months after a single treatment session and
- these changes can last several years, depending on the rate of the aging process.
A single treatment has produced good results in a significant number of patients. However, more than one treatment may give enhanced results.